Category : Announcements
The Kanawha County Schools Virtual Program is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students and their families. In response to COVID-19, we have created plans and are putting procedures in place for the Fall 2020 school semester. Effective immediately and until further notice, the following changes will be in place:
- Crede Lab
- The lab will be open on Wednesdays and Fridays. There will be two sessions each day that you can attend. The first session is from 8:00 to 11:00, and the second session is from 12:00 to 3:00. You can still come at any time during this time period, but you must sign up beforehand to reserve your seat (please). We will be seating students at a computer where he or she will not be sitting next to anyone else. We will be wearing a mask and we ask that you do too. Of course, 9-year-olds and younger students do not have to wear one, but we do recommend it. The lab will be thoroughly cleaned after each session.
- Math Tutoring
- Our math tutor will continue to be Mr. Bonnett. He tutors for every grade level and mathematics course. He is available every Monday and Thursday between the hours of 5:00 and 7:00.
- On Mondays, he will offer virtual tutoring. He can discuss math over the phone, text, email, or even through a virtual platform. To initiate a session, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Thursdays, he will be available in person at the board office. Tables will be arranged so students can sit at their own table. The tutor will be wearing a mask and we ask that you do too. Of course, 9-year-olds and younger students do not have to wear one, but we do recommend it. The address is 200 Elizabeth Street, Charleston. The front doors are locked in the evening for everyone’s safety. There is a sign on the door with Mr. Bonnett’s phone number. Text him when you arrive and he will come open the door for you.
- Proctored Exams
- Students will be permitted to take proctored exams at home during the Fall 2020 semester. Exam passwords will be removed from module/unit exams. Final exams will still be password protected. Our students will be able to request a time to have the password removed and take their exam within the approved timeframe from home.
- In order to ensure social distancing and comply with all CDC recommendations, we will need for new students to the program to sign up for a specific orientation session. Each student and only one parent may attend the orientation. One child and parent will be seated at each table, at least 6 feet away from others. We will be wearing a mask and we ask that you do too. Of course, 9-year-olds and younger students do not have to wear one, but we do recommend it. Our orientation sessions will now be held at the Kanawha County Schools Board Auditorium, rather than our Crede Lab, to allow for more space to social distance.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 304-348-7738.