Third Base After School Program
Third Base After School Program is available to elementary age children in grades kindergarten through fifth. All students must be enrolled and approved before attending. A $10 registration fee is required along with an enrollment form with all information completed in full.
At our Third Base After School Program, children will have a healthy snack and 30 minutes of supervised homework. The staff engage children in a variety of activities including physical activity, arts and crafts, games, pretend play, and socialization.
Hours: The program begins immediately after school and children must be picked up by 5:40 p.m. (Late pick up subject to fees.)
Rates: The Third Base weekly rates for the 2019-2020 school year are $60 for 1 child, $85 for 2 children, $110 for 3 children. Payment is due the first day of each week. (Subject to late payment fees if not paid on the due date.) Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card ($2 processing fee applies). We also offer Tuition Express at most sites, which allows you to do ACH payments through your checking account. See your camp director for more information or call KCSCEP at 304-766-0378. A Tuition Express enrollment form is provided in a link below.
Before your child may attend a Third Base program, we must receive the completed form with no information missing and a $10/family non-refundable registration fee. It can take up to 5 days to process the enrollment. You will be notified by the KCSCEP office if your child can attend or will be on a wait list.
Do not return your enrollment form to your child's school. All enrollment forms are to come to the KCSCEP office in Dunbar.
To enroll in Third Base:
- Click on the link to download the fillable PDF enrollment form. Review the list of sites on the cover page to determine if your child's school is served by a Third Base program. Be sure to provide complete name, physical address and phone number for parents/guardians and anyone listed as Emergency Contact and/or Authorized Pick Up Person, as well as health insurance provider name and policy number for your child. WV DHHR requires this information and your enrollment will not be processed without it.
- Mail or hand-deliver your completed form, along with a check or money order to KCSCEP, 142 Marshall Ave., Dunbar, WV 25064, Our office hours are 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also email or fax your enrollment form to us and we will call to take your registration payment over the phone with a debit or credit card. A $2 processing fee will apply.
- If you have any questions about enrollment, please call 304-766-0378, extension 104, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 2019, KCSCEP is offering four summer camps for KCS students who were in kindergarten through fifth grade in the 2018-2019 school year. These camps are:
- Alban Summer Camp in St. Albans
- Elk Summer Camp in Elkview
- Flinn Summer Camp in Sissonville
- Overbrook Summer Camp in Charleston
6/28/19 - Most of the camps have reached their enrollment capacity. Please call the KCSCEP to see if space is available.
Dates: June 6 though August 2, 2019
Time: 7 a.m. to 5:40 p.m. Monday through Friday
Rates: =$130/week - 1 child, $230/week - 2 children, $330/week - 3 children
$30/family non-refundable registration fee
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided daily
- Weekly fee is due Monday or the first day your child attends. The fee is a weekly fee; there are no daily rates. We do not charge to hold slots when a child is not in attendance for aw eek, e.g. family vacation.
- CONNECT/LINK child care assistance accepted. You must have a current certificate listing the specific summer camp.
- Program revolves around weekly themes, swimming or water fun, guest speakers, arts and crafts, and variety of recreational and education activities and projects supervised by experienced staff.
- The program will be closed on June 20 (WV Day) and July 4, which are holidays. (No reduced rate for holidays.)
- Child Medical Form (or annual physical report) required if not already on file from prior camp participation.
You must submit the completed enrollment forms, pay the registration fee, and be approved before your child can be enrolled and attend. A completed enrollment form includes a physical address and phone number for each parent/guardian, emergency contact, and authorized pick up person, as well as the name and policy number of your child's health policy. The enrollment forms will not be processed if this information is missing.
Payments may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card ($2 processing fee applies). We also offer Tuition Express, which allows you to do ACH payments through your checking account. See your camp director for more information or call KCSCEP at 304-766-0378. A Tuition Express enrollment form is provided in a link below.
KCSCEP Adult Education Spring 2019
KCSCEP offers evening adult education classes in the Fall and Spring. These classes are in such areas as quilting, self-defense, cake decorating, art and yoga, just to name a few. We are always looking for ideas for classes and for instructors.
An exciting Fall 2019 schedule is in the works. Check back in August 2019 for more information.