What is KCSCEP?
- Kanawha County Schools Community Education Program is a division of Kanawha County Schools which operates out of the William J. Raglin Community Education Center in Dunbar. KCSCEP operates the Third Base after school and summer camp child care programs for KCS students in kindergarten through fifth grade. KCSCEP also offers adult education classes.
How much of the Kanawha County Schools budget supports KCSCEP programs?
- Kanawha County Schools does not provide funding for the KCSCEP programs, and we receive no government funding. These programs are self-sufficient, with the income coming from the fees paid by the parents/guardians for these services. KCSCEP has reinvested in Kanawha County Schools each year by funding special programs or needs not covered in the KCS budget.
How much does it cost to send my child to Third Base?
- The weekly rates for 2020-2021 are $65 for one child, $90 for two children, and $115 for three children. There is a $10/family non-refundable family registration fee each year.
If I only need Third Base two days a week, is there a reduced rate?
- Third Base fees are weekly fees; there are no daily rates. Whether your child attends one day or five days, the fee is the same.
Is there a discount for weeks with holidays or snow days?
- We do not discount the weekly fee if school is closed only one day during week. However, if school is closed two or more days due to holidays or inclement weather, the fee may be prorated. Check with your site director when this occurs to see what the rate would be.
- For school closing or delays, follow the link: http://wvde.state.wv.us/closings/county/kanawha
- For a school calendar, follow the link: http://kcs.kana.k12.wv.us/Uploads/Documents/513/2019-2020%20Calendar%20Highlights.pdf
Do you offer any discounts based on income?
- All fees are flat, weekly private pay rates. However, some families may qualify for financial assistance through WV DHHR, which is administered through CONNECT. Parents/guardians can contact CONNECT to see if they qualify by calling 1-888-595-8290, or visit their website at http://www.connectccrr.org/.
What do they do at Third Base?
- Each day, we start Third Base with a healthy snack. Students have up to 30 minutes of supervised homework. The students then have the opportunity to participate in planned activities, which may include outside play, indoor play at centers, arts and crafts, iPads or computer lab, and games.
Can I use my mobile device to fill out a PDF application?
- Yes! If you download the PDF and it does not already have fillable fields, download Adobe Fill & Sign on your mobile device. It will allow you to fill out the fields and also include signatures!